Monday, June 17, 2013

Baby Quilt Mania

As two co-workers are shortly due, I simply must fly to get their baby quilts done. E. is due first, actually on Palm Sunday apropos as she is a preacher. What date could be more fitting for her first child's birth than one of the holiest days of the year. I have all the pieces cut out and am almost done with their piecing. It's the curse of cute tiny quilts. All those little pieces that will make this baby quilt adorable.

So its, been a little while since I started this.  E's baby actually came second as K. wound up going into labor first.  Even better she waited until after Easter Sunday.  Now as I am just passing their second birthdays still working on their quilts.  E's quilt is almost done, I'm just working on hand quilting it, and am so darn close to finishing.  Then its only three more for the other work colleagues who have had their children &/or are pregnant right now.

Close up of center
All laid out








Here are a few pics of her quilt from when I laid it out to sew.
Can you find the few that are mislaid?  While, I didn't find them before I sewed it all together, it just really emphasizes the homemade nature of the quilt. It also doesn't help my timeline that I've been hand quilting this one, a heart in each of the tan squares.

Part of the problem is that I like to design the quilt so much, but the actual follow through & quilting is not my favorite.  So I like to create an original design for each kid, thus I wind up spending time on that and not finishing up the quilt as I should.


No comments:

Post a Comment