Monday, May 4, 2009

One A Day Quilt Along

I'm joining Crazy Mom Quilts' One a Day Quilt Along. I am really excited, I love the quilt on witch it is based. Though I am running a little late on getting started, have to wait for the semester to finish up.

My mom is interested in making her own version of this quilt as well. Since, she doesn't have a blog I will share her progress on mine. So you get to see two versions for the price of one.

Now, because I plan on using the scraps left over from my Grandma's Flower Garden Quilt for this project the majority of my blocks will actually be four square patches. I am not sure if I want to make the entire thing with four squares or if I want to do rows of nines and rows of fours. I will have to see how it goes as the time progresses.

When making my Grandma's Flower Garden Quilt, I get two charm packs and cut each charm into four 2.5" squares. I use six of the 2.5 squares for the petals. Its nice to now have a project for the other two squares.

To compensate for the overall size, since the quilt along quilt is made of nine patches, I plan on making two four patch squares a day once I am able to catch up.

1 comment:

  1. What a neat idea to use four patches and nine patches. I think that will look very nice!

    ReplyDelete