Wednesday, May 13, 2009

9-patch sew along and overall progress

Well, I just counted and I stand at 36 blocks. Due to the fact, that I am making four squares right now, I have been trying to make two a day. Though I must admit that I am not someone who sits down and does a little each day. It works much better for me to sit down and do a massive session to let me get ahead for the days when I can't do anything or focus on other projects.

I want to share photos of them, as I really love some of the blocks and would love to hear thoughts on some of the others as I just am not sure about them. If they are really unsuccessful is it better to hide in a massive project, on the back, or to deconstruct and try something else. Unfortunately, my computer is crashing every time I try to upload my photos so it has to wait until I can borrow someones, perhaps this weekend.


UPDATE: I just finished up the ones for today so I am now at 38. Enough for 19 days so I am good for another two days.

I have been keeping busy with my Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt. I have finished two flowers with the third row of green. I several more that are the simple flowers with just the petals and center. I finally found a yellow that works really well for the center. YAY. I am still trying to figure out if I want a cream/white/none for the path between the flowers.

1 comment:

  1. You posted a comment on my blog about an Iowa Modern Quilt Guild, I don't have an email for you, can you send me one?

    Thanks,
    Doris

    ReplyDelete