Saturday, March 14, 2009

W's Wedding Ring Rough Draft Block



I decided that to make quilt work as a queen/king, I have to increase the size of the blocks to 15" finished. This allows the design integrity to be maintained. I didn't like how it turned out when modeling it at actually size versus just the design presented.

I am excited about this quilt. I think I will do a lot with the quilting on this, to truely personallize their quilt. I know its kind of hard, but I think I would like to quilt in their names, date, location, and blessings/prayers for the start of a new life. I am thinking of using the motif's from their invites or save the date cards for the quilt label. G. is a graphic designer and is creating their wedding identity which is extremely cool, so I want to make sure that I acknowledge both of them in their wedding quilt. I don't want it only to be for W.

The only bummer is that the local quilt store (LQS) had a great sale last week where you could pick 15-20% of a group of fabrics, and W couldn't make it down to choose fabrics. Well I may wind up having to order the fabrics online - to let her choose without me having to be there.

I am excited but also a little hesitant, I make quilt tops quickly but am still a rather new quilter, especially on a machine. Thus I have only finished three quilts. None of which have been the size of this quilt.

I have another one that is basted and am hand quilting it, and another top with everything ready for me to make the sandwich I just have been focused on other projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment