Saturday, February 28, 2009

W.'s Wedding Quilt

Here is the one she picked.
W's Wedding Ring

I am waiting on her to finalize her color scheme, and pick the gray and pink that she wants. I am waiting on her input, because if it is not exactly what she wants the quilt will wind up being shoved into a cupboard and never used. I would really like to get moving on this so that I can get started on the quilting. Quilting tends to be the where I wind up spending the most time when making a quilt.

My mom, who taught me how to quilt, is kind of a quilt snob and makes me feel incrediblely guilty if I am not using the nicest and most natural (i.e. 100% cotton) materials that I can. More so, she is incredibly snobbish about hand quilting. I personally enjoy the fact that I can get a large quilt done quickly with a machine. Yet, for my sister's wedding quilt, I want the best that I can do and the hours and hours of hand quilting will be many prayers over the new start to her life and for both of them.

Right now, I am thinking about using an all over stipple to quilt, but that is just an idea. I may prefer something that helps keep the strong geometric feel of the quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment