Saturday, February 28, 2009

Current Quilting

I like to design quilts and am working on testing my patterns. My patterns tend to be a modern take on more traditional quilt blocks and patterns.

I do all of my design work on the computer and then create my favorites. I hate to throw away good fabric so I have a pretty decent stash of old clothes, waiting to be used on stash busters.

I am currently working on a massive kite-tail quilt that includes a great many clothes from high school and my family. Actually some of my favorite blocks on this quilt are the kind of off beat textural blocks. Rather than ignoring all the seams I decided to work them into the quilt and I really enjoy the random block with a button or a tag. I think one of my favorites is one block I took from some boxers my sister used to wear right at the y-seam where the crotch met the legs, resulting in a seamed y in the middle of the block.

Recently, I have started a Grandmother's Flower Garden working with hexagon templates. I am trying to do the entire thing by hand, as it takes eats time and little fabric for each flower. Mainly, because I am trying to find a job and I really don't have the money to buy fabric or batting.

No comments:

Post a Comment