Thursday, November 4, 2010

Rainbow Twist Auction Quilt

Original Design - September/October 2010

This quilt was created for an auction. Originally, it was going to be the backing for another quilt, but I liked it so much that I decided to make it a top.

The simplicity of the quilt is striking and the colors are more vibrant than they appear in the pictures. I would love to find out more about how to photograph quilts to their best advantage.

I quilted each lengthwise strip, with a decreasing labyrinth in the color of the strip. And on the strips across the width I did diamonds between the colors. With a skinny strip of minky for the binding. I am really happy with how it turned out.

Plus, I heard it was a rather hot item at the auction. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, Etta, you need to start posting again now that we will be watching your blog from across town...!!

    So nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete